[extropy-chat] Defenestration

Thomas Thomas at thomasoliver.net
Sun Mar 18 18:53:17 UTC 2007

Keith Henson wrote:

>At 05:07 PM 3/17/2007 +0000, you wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>
>>You are relying on inbuilt hunter-gatherer instincts. But humans can
>>divert their instincts into better endeavours.
>>

>I feel that the chances of them being able to do so are much improved if
>they understand their instincts.

In April and May of 1988 Analog published a two part essay by Michael
Flynn called "The State of Psychohistory." I found it very illuminating
on EP and it's had a powerful influence on my thinking ever since..  I
started a search in back issue collections for it and when I find it
I'll pass it on to you.  Flynn made EP very understandable.  -- Thomas