[extropy-chat] Live long enough to live forever

ben benboc at lineone.net
Tue Mar 20 20:54:50 UTC 2007

Sondre Bjell?s <sondre.bjellas at intellifield.no> wrote:

 > So I work out 3-4 times a week, I take aggressive amounts of
vitamins, minerals, oils and other nutrients. Follows a healthy diet
(recently became a vegetarian) and haven't had soda water (Coca Cola,
etc.) in more than two years. I rarely drink coffee, but consume a good
deal of tee with Stevia as sweetener.

Stevia?!

Where do you get it? Ever since first hearing of it, i've been
frustrated by the fact that it's not "approved for human consumption",
despite having been consumed for thousands of years by people in S. America.

 >I try to involve myself in multiple projects in both work and personal
life, on various subjects and tasks. Reading lots of books on
technology, health and philosophy (please feel free to suggest some for me).

Apart from the obvious contenders like The Spike, The Age of Spiritual
Machines, TSIN, Moravec's Mind Children, etc., you might be interested
in the book that got me started, "Beyond Humanity: CyberEvolution and
Future Minds", Gregory S Paul & Earl D Cox, ISBN 1-886801-21-5 (a bit
gosh-wow, but at the time i found it really exciting and
thought-provoking). And i'd thoroughly recommend Steve Grand's
"Creation: Life and how to make it".

ben zaiboc