[extropy-chat] SpaceX launch attempt later today

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 00:14:46 UTC 2007

Doh!

I spoke to my propulsion guy today who said a wobble like that can get the
fuel sloshing around the outside of the tank such that the bird runs out of
fuel with some still in the tank.  A sophisticated rocket can deal with that
level of roll, but this one probably didn't have the high end fuel slosh
scavenging equipment.  {8-[  Damn.