[extropy-chat] What should survive and why?.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Wed May 2 03:30:39 UTC 2007

Heartland, High Priest of the Unique Atom and Sacred Original Cult Wrote:

> Just because I-now thinks I-before survived does not cause "I-before
> survived" statement to be true.

It is of course possible that my subjective experience could be disconnected
from reality, that dog I'm looking at might not objectively exist, I could
be having a hallucination; but you go much further. According to you I don't
even think I see a dog, I just think I think I see a dog. I don't feel pain
when I put my hand in that fire, I just think I think I feel pain when I put
my hand in that fire.. I can't think, I just think I think. I'm not really
alive, I just think I'm alive

A bigger load of crap I've never seen! I think.

> Many centuries ago someone believed Sun revolved around Earth.

Painting yourself as the heroic revolutionary just doesn't work very well
when the idea you are peddling is the conventional one believed by
generations of schoolchildren. To say your idea is wrong would be
giving it too much credit, it's not even that, it's gibberish;
popular gibberish to be sure but gibberish nevertheless.

  John K Clark