[extropy-chat] What should survive and why?.

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 07:00:14 UTC 2007

Lee:
> IN the Eternal Exchange between John Clark and Heartland,

Eternal exchange? Are you kidding? Burts of clueless heckling interrupting my
conversations with other people, maybe, but an "exchange?"

Lee:
> One needs to phrase "I-now" and "I-before" much much more carefully
> to avoid misunderstanding. I can see why John got upset at that phrase.
> But if you had written instead, "Just because an entity legally known
> as Slawomir the High Priest at time 1 believes that Slawomir the etc.
> at time 0 survived, does not make it true".

That joke has gone stale a long time ago, don't you think? Actually, a good joke
has at least some truth in it. This one had none, as you know. Perhaps you don't.

Lee:
> Now *that* statement is utterly clear---and correct!

The original terms were correct enough and they were, in fact, Stathis' terms.

H.