[ExI] C does not stand for the speed of light... (Colbert)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed May 2 23:00:48 UTC 2007

At 10:28 PM 5/2/2007 +0200, Amara quoth Colbert:

>C does not stand for the speed of light, c is for cookie."

I stared at this in dumb bewilderment for a while. This is a joke?
This is supposed to be hilariously *funny*? But obviously it was, so
it occurred to me that it must be some tag familiar to generations of
USians. Isn't there a show that kids watch called "Sesame Street"?
And lo! google tells me this refers to the refrain of something
called the Cookie Monster. Talk about generation gap...  And it can
only get more severe.

Damien Broderick