[ExI] [extropy-chat] War and technological progress

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu May 3 14:43:03 UTC 2007

Keith writes

> At 11:25 PM 5/1/2007 -0700, Lee wrote:
>
>>And if the West were to stop exporting filth around the world, stop
>>corrupting the Muslim youth with everything from clothing styles to
>>bad attitudes, tendentious movies, acceptance of homosexuality,
>>defiance of parents, and so on and on, and also were to
>>become pure isolationists, stop being on Israel's side, profusely
>>apologize for placing troops on the Sacred Soil of Saudi Arabia
>>to repel aggression in Kuwait, etc., yes, Al Qaeda might very well
>>turn its attention elsewhere.
>
> EP theory says no.  There is nothing that the Western countries can do that
> will keep them from being targets of attacks by Al Qaeda.  The drive comes
> from the local situation.

What do you mean, "the local situation"?  We need to make sure that
you would not have said the same thing in WWII along the lines of
"The Americans will never stop attacking the Japanese, no matter
how much the Japs surrender. EP says that the drive to wipe 'em
out comes from the local situation."

Please explain, thanks.

Lee