[ExI] Fundamentalism and a Scientific Outlook

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:24:56 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:
> And my question stands: do you not agree that he who sets out to destroy
> something vital, should first have a viable replacement ready?

That would definately be the polite thing to do.

Some would argue that the destruction of that vital thing will provide
the impetus for discovery of the replacement.  I would not argue that
point, but I have heard of it.  (A coworker has explained that we
should consume fossil fuels more ravenously, so when none/few are left
we will have no choice but to find a viable alternative.  Until that
point there is insufficient motivation to be fully innovative)