[ExI] We Need a Movie, People!! Dammit!

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun May 6 01:09:29 UTC 2007

When I was in the film industry working with Zoetrope and Fox, and making
videos,  I really wanted to make a transhumanist film.  That was in the
80s.  I pitched ideas to Schlöndorff , Malle and Bertolucci, and dear Paul
Kohner; but  they weren't interested in the future.  Times have certainly
changed.

But If anyone has a story you want me to look at, I do have the
contacts.  It does not matter that I am hibernating in Austin and working
on a PhD, I still have friends and supporters in the film industry.

Best wishes,
Natasha

At 03:00 PM 5/5/2007, you wrote:

>  A while back I suggested that someone NEEDS to make a
>pro-Transhumanism, pro-Singularity fictional
>(hollywood quality) movie in order to help spread the
>memes to the masses who are less reading-inclined. I
>was a little disappointed that there apparently wasn't
>much interest in getting something started (Except by
>maybe one or two people possibly). But I still think
>this would be a great, highly-leveraged opportunity to
>do some real, tangible good. Now personally, I pretty
>much SUCK at writing fiction, I'd probably be no
>better than average. But if *no-one* else, is
>interested, I'm going to *attempt* to start writing a
>free-of-charge screenplay. But without any help, the
>result could be pretty abysmal. Would someone else
>here *please* consider taking up the reigns entirely,
>or at least collaborating if they don't want to do it
>by themselves? Heartland, might you be interested,(I
>recall that you replied to the original post)?
>
>SINCERELY and with Best Wishes,
>
>Jeffrey Herrlich

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer - Futurist
Proactionary Principle Core Group:  <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller