[ExI] new serial starts on-line: POST MORTAL SYNDROME

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun May 6 15:17:33 UTC 2007

At 10:24 AM 5/6/2007 -0400, MB wrote:
>Damien,
>
>I'm enjoying this book! Thanks for posting it. :)

Well, thank you. I have to admit that Barbara and I now conclude we
should have trimmed a lot more domestic chit-chat out of the opening
chapters, because that slowed the thing down--which is okay in a
novel you're reading on the train, but maybe not in daily portions.
Now that we're at chapter 16, the story is coming together and the
pace is speeding up. For a >H or extropian readership, a carefully
not-too-shocking introduction might seem a bit boring. It's a
trade-off. This is relevant to the discussion about a >H movie that
tries to avoid slamming right into comic book extravaganza. It's a
balancing act.

Anyway, if anyone was put off following POST MORTAL SYNDROME by its
conventional opening, I'd suggest going back and having a quick
browse as the chapters continue to accumulate at the COSMOS site. I'd
be interested in feedback--pro or con.

Damien Broderick