[ExI] We Need a Movie, People!! Dammit!

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Sun May 6 16:03:29 UTC 2007

Are you kidding?  They will crucify you.

The best money-making take on the idea of transhumanism is that what the
transhumanists want to do is turn all humans into Borgs, or keep people
in vats so they can feed off their essential juices (what was that
garbage film again?  Oh, yeah, The Matrix).

Whatever script you come up with, whatever positive spin you put on the
great transhumanist future, the movie that comes out of it will be the same.

And besides, which version of the future are you going to portray?

A few years back I started producing a story designed specifically to
convey the idea that the singularity could (would inevitably) have a
positive, beneficial outcome.  If I had supreme exective power I could
make it into a movie beneficial to the community, but, alas, they
stopped selling tins of supreme executive power at my local supermarket,
so I shelved the idea.

Richard Loosemore.