[ExI] Oz Big Dry

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun May 6 19:00:08 UTC 2007

At 07:37 PM 5/6/2007 +0100, BillK wrote:

>I thought it was good news that some people think the climate cycle
>might be changing to break the drought at last.

As far as I can tell, the good news is that the (Oz relevant) climate
cycle *isn't* changing. The Nino/Nina thing is just doing its
stochastic long cycle thing. But if the temperature is additionally
going up teeny bit by teeny bit, all those classic cycles might end
up badly munged. On the other hand, if it's really mostly solar-cycle
driven (as the concurrent Martian global warming hints), warming
might settle down in the decade or two without any ostentatious human
intervention.

But getting off the coal/oil junk would be a way smart move anyhow.

Damien Broderick