[ExI] The void left by deleting religion

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue May 8 04:08:26 UTC 2007

From: "A B" <austriaaugust at yahoo.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

> It's weird; I wasn't raised with religion by any
> stretch of imagination. But even when I encountered it
> and heard about all the great things I could have...
> nothing clicked at all. I not only didn't believe any
> of it, I wasn't even attracted by all the
> "wonderful"(?) promises.

You and me both!  I could never "get" the "wonderful"(?) promises, either.
All I was able to observe - even as a child - were the limitations,
divisiveness, exclusivity and bigotry (within Christianity's various
subsets, and among the various other religions).

> I guess I'm missing that brain module. I dunno.

We were born with the respective physical defects of ... lacking any
religious bones in our bodies!  (Another case of less is more, I daresay
...)

:) Olga