[ExI] Superhuman: The Uncharted Territory of Transhumanism

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed May 9 06:20:56 UTC 2007

>Meanwhile, in apparent agreement with Kass, a 2002 document edited
>by then-Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger [now Pope], Communion and
>Stewardship: Human Persons Created in the Image of God, states,
>"Disposing of death is in reality the most radical way of disposing of life."

Uh... huh...

<backing away slowly, making no sudden movements>

That's fine, sweetie. You and your "flock" just hold firmly to that
idea if you wish, and go away gently to do your thing. Just leave us
alone to do ours, okay? We won't force you to stop dying, and you
don't force us to stop living, is that fair?

<smiling and nodding pleasantly, no eye-rolling permitted>

Damien Broderick