[ExI] A Transhumanist Terrorist Manifesto

kevin.osborne kevin.osborne at gmail.com
Sat May 12 08:08:39 UTC 2007

Sick of the brain-curdling slowness of socio-technological progress?
Think existential risk is just a plain lack of cojones?
Like blowing shit up?

Then the Transhumanist Terrorist Manifesto is for you.

1. Fuck the state. Fuck the leadership. Fuck 'consensus'. It's our
future they are micromanaging to death with their overcautiousness,
and it's time to start shrugging off their anachronistic control
mechanisms and seizing our destiny before it dies by committee.
Nation-states and the current socio-economic model are toast after the
nano-revolution anyway; lets start acting like the hyperbeings we will
one day be. The Singularity will confer unheralded power to those who
have the will to grasp it - are you ready to dump the baggage?

2. Screw the sheep. Chances are you're smarter than everyone else
already. If you're reading a transhumanist feed, you're already kind
of special. Soon enough though, you can be more. Much more. The
simpering idiots and halfwits who dominate the zeitgeist of our
society are only going to get yet more stupid as we get smarter. If we
want to be H+, we will be. Our soon-to-be subhuman cohorts are smug
and self satisfied, thinking they are wonderful human beings while
they lay waste to our potential with their bovine lack of horizon,
paucity of ideas and lack of bloodymindedness.

3. Eat the future. Get hungry. Take it, it's yours. Want to
gene-splice yourself? Go ahead. Want to engineer a nano-horde? Go
ahead. Embryonic stem cells? Eat the goddamn fetus with bacon on
toast. Harvest a botnet. Sequence a meta-virus. Synthesize a
nootropic. Chip yourself, augment yourself, mainline yourself,
digitize yourself, clone yourself.

4. Unfriendly AI? You fricken bet. Bring on the arms race. If we can't
live forever, maybe our nasty little friend here can. Metasploit the
net. All your megahurtz will belong to us. Borg-in' ain't easy.

5. Screw DDoS, how about we just pwn your servers with AK47's and
glycerin. Send big brother dark. Take down the camera network. Go
wireless, go ad-hoc, steal every channel you can OFDM. Root DNS? No
way. Route via P2P. Swarm, baby, swarm. Self-organise. Latch on,
leech, and suck like a parasite.

6. Slavery didn't die without a whimper. The French Revolution didn't
happen without the guillotine. Occupying powers generally need to be
fed bullets until they leave. Burn flags. Bomb monuments. Assassinate.

7. This ain't the 'Wiggles' manifesto here. If you want change, make
it happen. Go nasty, go early and go often. Punch 'em square in the
face, dare them to retaliate. Outgunned? throw the first punch, below
the belt, while their back is turned. Dominate the weak. Take what you
want. Expand voraciously. Eat your young. You've heard the
transhumanist leaders and their oh-so-softly approach. They can have
their patronage, consideration and kindness. We are under no such
obligations. We do not have to play by their rules. They can take
their toys and go home. We are here, in the dark, growing and
yearning. It is our future too. We will not be controlled. We will not
be instructed. We will learn, we will siphon, we will steal. We will
transcend. Try and stop us at your peril.