[ExI] how would Transhumanists cope if the Singularity did not happen in their lifetime?

Sondre Bjellås sondre-list at bjellas.com
Sat May 19 08:52:27 UTC 2007

Thanks, but I already have the paperwork from Alcor, received them many
years back. I have not followed this space for a long time and I was
wondering how you can be so confident that their technology can wake someone
back up? Have they done experiments with animals yet?

Not sure what you mean with the metaphysics side of things, I believe that
if you're able to wake someone back up from their death, they will still be
that very same person. So I have faith in cryonics, but I don't consider my
own life to be valuable in the greater sense of our universe. I'm like the
next transhumanist, thinking that I'm destined and capable of doing great
things for the future of mankind, but we (I) often come out short. Makes me
glad I'm not capable of being sad or put down, I'm always a bright and
cheerful person.

Regards,
Sondre