[ExI] finger length predicts SAT performance

Anne Corwin sparkle_robot at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 00:34:54 UTC 2007

Interesting.  I've got a longer ring finger as well (about 1/2 centimeter longer than my index finger).  And plenty of past accusations of being "male-brained" (though I certainly do not feel "manly" -- I don't actually feel "internally gendered" at all).

  With regard to natural selection, remember that some traits are capable of "piggybacking" with other traits -- that is, a long ring finger *in and of itself* might not have necessarily been the selected-for trait, but rather, something that came along with other selected-for traits.

  - Anne

PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com> wrote:
  Okay, this is one of those wacky ones I just couldn't pass up! And
damn it, if it isn't on the money for me. I've always been accused of
having a male brain. Turns out I've got the finger length and SAT
scores to prove it!

Longer ring finger length = more testosterone?! What's a longer ring
finger have to do with male natural selection???

PJ

"Like and equal are not the same thing at all!"
- Meg Murry, "A Wrinkle In Time"