[ExI] Damien's latest book

John Grigg desertpaths2003 at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 09:33:37 UTC 2007

Congratulations, Damien!  I was very fascinated that you had stated on this list that psi phenomena was of interest to you.  And that you felt there was at least to a limited extent something truly to it.  Coming from a skeptic such as yourself makes me want to order a copy of your book.  May it sell a gazillion copies!  :  )

  I noticed on the cover that the subtitle is "Why it's time for the paranormal to come in from the cold."  Did the publishers add this on their own or is it there at your request?  I would think some aspects of the paranormal are acceptable to you (psi) while others might not be.

  Considering your interesting in writer John C. Wright's near death experience, perhaps your next book can cover that phenomena.  And there is quite a market for stuff like that.

  Best wishes,

  John Grigg

  P.S. I hope you can be a guest on the hugely popular American radio talk show "Coast to Coast with George Noory."  It would give a huge boost to your book and this would be right up their alley.

Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
  More flagrant self-promotion:

I've just received author copies of my book OUTSIDE THE GATES OF
SCIENCE, a popular study of scientific research into allegedly
paranormal phenomena (published by Thunder's Mouth Press in NY).
Amazon.com claim to have copies already in stock:

The trade paperback looks reasonably nifty to me, although I detest
the stupidly misleading image they've chosen for the cover (a bent
spoon), and protested it vigorously to no avail.

Damien Broderick