[ExI] !,. $#@%

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon May 28 05:57:16 UTC 2007

>  I don't think I'll be adopting every word in the Dr. Seuss lexicon, but
I have picked up new idioms as they cross my path...

I have picked up a large number of Seussisms in the past year.

>Trimming the language to fewer select words smacks of 1984 (yes, the
Orwellian 1984, not the nostalgic 23 year old 1984 :)

Orwell had such a great idea with Newspeak, I regret that he included it in
his dystopian 1984.  That was double ungood on his part.  Notice the
Newspeak guy himself wasn't evil in 1984.  He was a guy with a creative
idea, who suffered for it.