[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue May 29 01:26:33 UTC 2007

On 29/05/07, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:

But the "something" tacking on emotion to an AI obviously can't be an AI,
> because then the AI would soon have emotion, and that just won't do for
> your
> friendly AI. I've been asking this question for years on this list but
> never
> received an answer, if intelligent behavior is possible without emotion
> then
> why did Evolution invent emotion?

You could say the same thing about emotion and physical strength, but that
doesn't mean we can't make a physically strong machine lacking either
emotion or intelligence.

And lets retire the term "Friendly AI" and call it for what it is, Slave AI.
> If the only reason someone wants to live is so he can serve you then that
> is
> not a friend; that is a slave.

Just as the computer I'm currently using is my slave.

--
Stathis Papaioannou