[ExI] Unfrendly AI is a mistaken idea.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed May 30 06:42:54 UTC 2007

On 30/05/07, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

AI may start out friendly, then get progressively more intelligent and less
> concerned whether the meat things live or die.

And that would be just fine with me: I feel very safe around machines which
are just there to do their job, unlikely to suddenly take offence at the way
I look at them or decide that I must be imprisoned to keep me away from rich
foods and other toxic substances. The machine can work all these things out
in great detail, tell me that if I want outcome x then I should do y, but
I'd prefer that it just present me with the information it has obtained as
an abstract intellectual exercise, with the only emotion or motivation being
the pursuit of truth, and leave me to do with it as I choose.

--
Stathis Papaioannou