[ExI] france again

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu May 31 19:18:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:38:19AM -0700, Thomas wrote:

>    Some people love their work and their work environment.  I find I

Work satisfaction according to

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/faculty/oswald/finalnywarwickwbseventpapernov2002.pdf
http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/2003/05/feature/es0305204f.html

looks remarkably high. I would have thought that 80-90%
of people would be hating their job.

>    sometimes continue to work when tired because some progress can still

At my $dayjob of some 15 people, we punch the clock. Presence of
a warm body takes precedence over task accomplishment.

>    be achieved.  Some attendant tasks require less concentration than
>    others.  Then too, when I go to work I go to play.   -- Thomas

Great for you! Most of us aren't that lucky.