[ExI] france again

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu May 31 22:39:36 UTC 2007

"Giu1i0 Pri5c0" <pgptag at gmail.com> :
>As a Southern European I think that our big strength is flexibility

Regarding the flexibility: I'm very flexible (remember I'm an Italian
government employee who is also an illegal immigrant), but my
flexibility is not enough for increasing my productivity for the half of
my life I spend in queues.

To have any productivity in this particular country where the
infrastructure is broken, one _must_ have also the social and familial
network (to get help from someone who knows someone who knows someone
who knows someone who knows someone ...) Italy does not not run by merit
(i.e. skills, experience, competence), it runs by who you know.

In this productivity discussion, one needs an evaluation of the quality
of the productivity, since a high output of garbage is not useful to
anyone.

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
INAF Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA