[ExI] abandoning hope

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Nov 1 15:36:14 UTC 2007

Spike:
>Amara, if or when it becomes necessary to raise a posse to ride out on a
>rescue Amara mission, do let us know when, where and how.

I need Italian practical help because time is slipping away from me like
a sieve.

Yesterday evening, I spent my time at the websites of Telecom Italia
(www.187.it) -fixed line, and Tele2 (www.tele2.it) -regular phone, trying
to learn how to cancel their services. There is nothing for 'disdetta
del sevizio'.

There are phone numbers that plug you into their help system, but only
if you call from the phone (my home) for which their service is
provided. If you do that, though, you get lost in an endless phone menu
system, nothing about 'disdetta del sevizio' that I can catch. My
friends tried from their homes and offices, but it doesn't work because
they must use my home phone.

I have written formal letters (in my best Italian)  giving my notice for
my departure, with contact addresses for their last bill and my
identification and customer numbers, which I'll send by registered
postal mail tomorrow (today is a holiday) to a general 'clienti
servizio' address.

But Telecom Italia is famous for all parts of their company not speaking
to each other (and  you know they tend to give fax numbers to their
customers that don't work), and where do I physically send the Tele2
modem from their past DSL service that didn't work? There doesn't exist
any physical Tele2 service centers in Italy, as far as I can tell.
(If someone can find for me an address of a physical Tele2 office in
Italy, that would help me alot.)

Amara