[ExI] abandoning hope - the queuing experience

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 12:06:00 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
> Oh ye of little imagination, Spike! Queuing is much more than waiting in
> the lines in the bank or at the supermarket. Italy's present
> infrastructure has raised the queuing experience to a superb art form.

Come on. Amara, you should know better.

Italian queues are just a tactful way to test your connectedness and
creativity and slyness and Darwinian reflexes, so that due priority
can be accorded to people exhibiting those traits. No self-respecting
Italian would accept to wait in a queue unless and until all
reasonable and unreasonable avoidance measures have been exhausted.
:-)

As far as Telecom is concerned, there again I am surprised that you
have not even taken into consideration the obvious option, that is
simply... disappearing. It is their problem, not yours, if terminating
contracts is made too complicate for people to bother.

Stefano Vaj