[ExI] [wta-talk] Transhuman Computation: Your Collective Intelligence Required

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Nov 2 15:52:47 UTC 2007

At 11:12 PM 10/29/2007, Andrés

>First I would like to better understand what
>Collective Intelligence is. How does it emerge
>in biology, sociology, computer science, business and mass behavior?

This is a great project and I look forward to
hearing about what you do with it.  It is not my
field but if it were my research project,  I
would find as much information on this topic as
possible (googling is easy), and create a
bibliography of references. Skim through the
material, jot down notes on what relates to you
questions. Then come up with a few  new more
target questions that shows that you have some
knowledge of the area.  That will help anyone
responding to better address your concerns/questions/etc.

>And second and most important: How can it be harnessed?
>I would like to see examples on how it can be
>harnessed. From bacterial colonies, web-services
>and human computation, I would like for you to
>share any resources, blogs, websites, books,
>fiction or not, arts, anything you can remember or find.

Okay, will do in the immersive arts, etc.

Natasha