[ExI] abandon all notions of perishing young

Spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 3 18:14:07 UTC 2007

I heard on the radio that Jim Morrison would be approaching his 64th
birthday had he not suffered the untimely heart attack at age 27.  Natalie
Wood would be nearly 70 and Marilynn Monroe would be in her early 80s had
not they succumbed to heart attacks at ages 43 and 36 respectively.

Nowthen, these young stars that chose lifestyles that may have contributed
to their untimely heart attacks at tragically young ages have the one
compensating factor that all the images of themselves are of beautiful young
people.  Perhaps they make dangerous lifestyle choices knowing that they
will at least leave a beautiful corpse.

We have seen age progressed image modification technology used to help
identify long missing children.  It occurred to me that we could use that
technology on long dead celebrities who perished in their youth.  That way,
we would get to see Morrison, Wood and Monroe, not as eternally young
beauties, but aging just like the rest of us.  Then the next generation of
risk-taking young celebrities would get the lesson that if you live fast,
die young, etc, you may leave a beautiful corpse but you eventually become a
crotchety old geezer anyway, at least digitally.

This technology of age progressive imaging then could be seen as a safety
measure for young celebrities, for it would encourage them to live safely
and sanely, age naturally, just to see if their actual image is better than
the theoretical computer generated age progressed image.  Think of all the
beautiful young lives this idea could save.