[ExI] Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap (was: Universal Transhumanist Bibliography)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:06:42 UTC 2007

For a while now I have been thinking that it would be feasible and
useful to construct a "roadmap" of scientific and technological
research that (objectively) examines the state of the art in H+ related
research fields, whether AI, nano, cryo, neuro, astro, cloning, etc. I
have always correlated H+ with open source software and technologies,
this being the natural next step out of the many possible steps.

I am willing to start the document and throw it up on a wiki somewhere,
or maybe use Canonizer and its interesting hierarchical interface, if
this was indeed what it was meant for.

The TTR document will be basically an extended, annotated bibliography
of research papers, lists of scientists, labs, maybe some companies,
websites, etc. And maybe soon in the future, within a year, we can
throw up a transhumanist journal on the internet or a PubMed-like
interface to the technical literature.

To start us off I'll do a quick search of the literature and put up some
citations. And behind the scenes I'll start collecting some
archive-compressed files of the papers I find. *cough*

I'd like to know if I have any support in this document-project.
How many of us would find this useful/important?

- Bryan