[ExI] Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Nov 9 10:06:12 UTC 2007

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com :
>To start us off I'll do a quick search of the literature and put up some
>citations. And behind the scenes I'll start collecting some
>archive-compressed files of the papers I find. *cough*

>I'd like to know if I have any support in this document-project.
>How many of us would find this useful/important?

How's that for synchronicity? For this international move, I tried to be
more organized and not throw out my good (and expensive) journals/mags I'd
subscribed to but haven't had too much time to read in the last years.
I skimmed them all, and tore out the articles relevant to my interests
and filed them away. In particular, for the Transhumanists, my goal is to
categorize topics that I consider of transhumanist value and then expand
into an article (sometime). The first part, I did, and wrote into a file
on my computer. It's a long list, and when I'm settled in my new home
six thousand miles away, (will be some time....) I'll edit this list
and make it more coherent.

To give an idea, I have top heading squishy topics (with alot of overlap)
like the following:

General: Living Longer, Smarter, Stronger

General: Technologies

Neuroscience / Brains

Artificial Intelligence

Mathematical Biology

Quantum Computing

Evolution

Behavioral Science

DNA / RNA

Molecular Biology

Nanotechnology

Networks / Algorithms

Do-it-yourself

Helping poor countries

Space Programs

Climate Change / Global Warming

Energy

Scientific Publishing

Science Education / Communicating Science

Science and the Government

Anti-aging

Feminism

Cultural

Propagating the Message

Work

Political

Playing

..with underneath, many examples of relevant works in progress and
completed.

Now I have to work on getting my Internet turned off.

"We've received your letter stating your request for stopping the
contract because of your move out of Italy. Our office is considering
your request, and will contact you sometime."

Ciao,
Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado