[ExI] Abandon all services

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Nov 9 23:57:29 UTC 2007

On 11/9/07, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 11:30 PM, ben <benboc at lineone.net> wrote:
>
> > Or is there some arcane Italian legal reason that you don't have the
> > power to do this? Maybe a contract in Italy isn't a mutual agreement
> > between two parties, like it is everywhere else?
> >
> > I'm with whoever said that you should just disappear.
> >

> I did. That is what all self-respecting Italians would do in such
> circumstances.
>
> Amara's problems originate from the attempt to adopt an anglo-saxon attitude
> in a different cultural context. She has been suffering from the kind of
> problems that Japanese girls may have in the US... :-)

Yes, exactly!  As I've mentioned to Amara offline, I experienced much
greater culture shock upon returning to California after living in
Japan, than I did moving to Japan in the first place.  (And I'm far
from being a Japanese girl.)  My first several months back in
California I was dismayed daily by the pervasive rudeness and
disorganization.  But hey, dude, I got over it.

- Jef