[ExI] Anti-transhumanist crap on Kuro5hin and related.

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Nov 11 18:04:06 UTC 2007

> On 11/11/07, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>
>> Gould's notion was the opposite: given the same initial conditions, the two
>> planets would evolve *completely different* lifeforms.  The evolutionary
>> paths would be unpredictable, with unpredictable outcomes.  In my thinking,
>> Roddenberry's notion is only good for explaining why it is that on his show,
>> all the aliens look like humans except with the pointy ears or the wrinkly
>> forehead.  Gould was right.  Evolution can be better understood with the
>> ideas developed by chaos theory.  It is unpredictable.

I think Gould is right, but it's hard to accept when I look at the Emerald Treeboa
(Corallus caninus) and the Green Tree Python (Morelia viridis).  They certainly are
not the same but they sure do *look* similar at first glance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corallus_caninus
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Tree_Python

Regards,