[ExI] Transhumanist (Technical) Roadmap

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Mon Nov 12 13:49:39 UTC 2007

Natasha Vita-More wrote:
> At 05:06 PM 11/8/2007, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>
>> For a while now I have been thinking that it would be feasible and
>> useful to construct a "roadmap" of scientific and technological
>> research that (objectively) examines the state of the art in H+ related
>> research fields, whether AI, nano, cryo, neuro, astro, cloning, etc. I
>> have always correlated H+ with open source software and technologies,
>> this being the natural next step out of the many possible steps.

This reminds me of a related project I have had on the back burner for some
time. A while ago I worked on a design for an online collaborative system
designed to let transhumanists create an H+ 'tech graph'. The intent would be
to have something halfway between a wiki and an org chart that would attempt
to show which future developments depended on which others. If nothing else, I
hoped it would codify where folks disagree as to which developments would be
created when.