[ExI] robert pirsig's bike in zen and mm

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Nov 13 21:03:58 UTC 2007

> ... my frustration with the level of discourse (with some notable
> exceptions!) on the various "transhumanist" lists is beginning to show
> -- badly -- and I'm going to take all my serious discussion off the
> public lists effective immediately...

I recognize the following comment might be less effective coming from me
(historically one of the bigger cut-ups on ExI-chat) but please friends, it
is OK to post serious discourse and have fun on the same topic, even mixed
within the same post.  Humor and whimsy are excellent companions of science
and reason, as Hofstadter demonstrates most effectively in GEB.  If
misunderstandings occur, let us clear them up, laugh them off and move
onward, with malice towards none.  More Tigger, less Eeyore.  Eliezer
assures us that there is an infinite amount of fun.  I do hope he is right,
just in case humanity ever manages to achieve immortality.