[ExI] Abandon all services

ben benboc at lineone.net
Tue Nov 13 21:56:17 UTC 2007

"Giu1i0 Pri5c0" <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:

 >I am the first to admit that my country has many problems. But there
 >is one thing that I am very proud of: we Italians have an instinctive
 >disrespect for authority, know in our hearts that 99% of politics is
 >just a make-money-fast scheme, and in general do not take bullshit
 >seriously. The world needs more of this. A unfortunate side effect is
 >that we don't really make big efforts at changing things.

Interesting.

I heartily approve of the attitude, but can't help wondering if it's a
significant reason for the current state of Italy? (while sincerely
hoping that the answer is "no"!).
Or is it the other way round, the current state of Italy gives rise to
that kind of attitude? (seems more likely to me, but then i'm biased).

Can it be a coincidence that the country where the inhabitants have "an
instinctive disrespect for authority, know in their hearts that 99% of
politics is just a make-money-fast scheme, and in general do not take
bullshit seriously", also has a reputation for corruption and
inefficiency, leading to the kind of things that Amara describes?

I would say "Hardly".

This has me worried.

Many of us are minarchists. Do we have any evidence that minarchy would
actually work?

Any Systems Theory people here have anything to say on this? What would
need to be changed about the Italian system as it stands today, to make
the above 'Italian attitude' work in an efficient and non-corrupt system?

Yeah, i know, that's a huge question and probably nobody can answer it
this side of the singularity.

ben zed