[ExI] Beowulf

giovanni santost santostasigio at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 17:27:39 UTC 2007

all fine beside the funeral part.. probably most of us here don't intend to go to our funeral...
  also will be cool if one day one could actually be aware what the different avatars feel and experience... a multiplication of consciousness....

spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

> Subject: Re: [ExI] Beowulf

> ...and we'll be so sick of that actor's voice that they'll completely
> devalue themselves in the process.
>
> I see realistic rendering of voice signature going immediately into
> fantasy worlds - You want to speak with Celebrity X? For only $4.99 a
> minute you can have a one-on-one chat with them. ...

I am my own favorite celebrity. Consider a super realistic digital voice
sim of oneself. Think of all the applications: send it to work in your
place, entertain the guests at your own funeral, rig it to talk to people on
the phone, or real time chat on the internet, etc. Just think of the gags
you could play with it, especially on older people who are not aware of the
technology. The possibilities are endless.