[ExI] Beowulf

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 22 03:53:04 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of hkhenson
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Beowulf
>
> At 06:56 AM 11/21/2007, Mike Dougherty  wrote:
>
> >. . . when I realized the absurdity of these grown men vying for
> >control of the puck.  ...  I guess that's good or bad depending on
> >how to see it...

Mike I see that as grown men vying for lucrative professional hockey
contracts.  Scrambling after money isn't absurd at all, but on the contrary
the most natural and intuitive activity I can imagine.

> Either way it's exactly the way evolutionary psychology looks at the
> situation. Keith

I find Keith's approach to evolutionary psychology very encouraging; I hope
it works.  If that approach is correct, then war among humans can eventually
be ended via good old reliable materialism.  Peace thru more and better
stuff.