[ExI] Regarding Wickedness (was beowolf)

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Nov 25 18:07:51 UTC 2007

On Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:26 AM Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com wrote:
> John writes
>
> >i think somewhere along the way we forgot
> > to change the subject line!
>
> Don't forget the signaling effect of keeping the same subject
> line.  It can be read "I am too busy, and have far more
> important things to think about and to work on  than futzing
> with such details."  As Keith has remarked, so much we
> do is really about status.

This reminds me of that book by Helmut Shoeck -- _Envy_.  Has anyone
here read it?  Reading it, a few years ago, I started to pick up on envy
in other people's and my behavior.  (Or maybe the truth is, I'm reading
the book into my life rather than finding firming evidence.:)

Regards,

Dan
   See my droolings on epistemology at:
http://uweb1.superlink.net/~neptune/Percept.html