[ExI] What a long strange trip its been

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Nov 29 01:21:57 UTC 2007

I sent this to the extropy-chat list on November 19, but it never appeared
on the list. Now, trying from my office.

Spike:
>Translation please?  Should be a cool post, starting out with a comment
>about artificial intelligence.

Dear Spike: The extraction I posted was about a 'Stabilization' process
to give me a permanent job at INAF-IFSI. The salary would be no different
(unlivable in Rome without an Italian family), resources such as
computers are not automatically covered and travel expenses are only
irregularly covered and reimbursed >4 months later. The same as what I
experienced since 2003, in other words. You must understand that such an
offer is the dream of every Italian researcher, but I graciously (and
politely I thought) said 'no thank' you' to INAF last Friday, as I was
on my way to the airport.

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado