[ExI] abandon all services

scerir scerir at libero.it
Thu Nov 29 18:11:36 UTC 2007

> principle of actuality-effectivity of punishment

I mean ..... there are stories like this, almost
every day .....
s.

Drunk-driver kicks up stink with perfume profits
Thu 29 Nov 2007, 16:26 GMT
http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUKL2916418520071129
ROME (Reuters) - An Italian man convicted for KILLING FOUR
teenagers while driving drunk has brought out his own
gypsy-branded fashion line, raising questions about
whether such activities are compatible with his sentence.
Marco Ahmetovic, a 22-year-old member of the Roma or
gypsy minority, has hired an agent to market a range of
perfumes, watches, jeans and sunglasses.
He was sentenced to 6-1/2 years detention but, in a
controversial ruling, can spend most of that time UNDER
HOUSE ARREST in return for cooperating [?????]
with the court.
So far no retail outlet has taken up the brand and it
is only available on the auction site Ebay, with his watches
priced at 159 euros each.
Ahmetovic, who killed the four teenage boys in April
after driving his van onto a pavement while under the
influence of alcohol, said he did not intend
to profit from "the shameful things that I have done".
Each product is stamped with the brand label, "LineaRom",
and his agent Alesso Sundas has produced promotional photos
of Ahmetovic's face with the caption "Don't be like me!".
With politicians urging an inquiry, Justice Minister
Clemente Mastella said he would investigate whether "such
lucrative activity" was compatible with Ahmetovic's sentence.
But Ahmetovic's agent was unrepentant.
"I'll hire out Ahmetovic for club appearances at 3,000
euros a night. Why do I do this? Because I took a gamble
-- to make a star of a person who has committed a crime.
I'm not ashamed. It's my job," he told newspaper Corriere
della Sera.