[ExI] abandon all services

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Fri Nov 30 15:01:11 UTC 2007

At 03:28 AM 11/30/2007, scerir  wrote:

sni

>According to the paper below several factors
>modulate (in OECD countries) the birth rate.
>
>It seems that the introduction of pills
>is not (?) the most important.
>
>There are many different economical factors
>and many social-sociological poisons too.
>
>It is perhaps interesting to point out the
>difference (see figure on page 1 of the paper)
>between the trends in Southern Europe (esp. Italy)
>and the trends in Northern Europe (and US).
>
>http://www.vision-forum.org/filedascaricare/Famiglia/fertility_english_last.
>pdf

Interesting paper.  Humans live so far from the EEA in which they
were shaped that it might be very hard to explain the fall in birth
rates through evolutionary psychology.  On the other hand, EP does
account for drug addiction and that was not selected in the stone age either.

Of course the very densely populated parts of the world could cope
with a bit of population decline.  I am thinking about Japan in particular.

It would be interesting to split out the immigrant populations in
those places, particularly the Islamic immigrants, to see what effect
culture has on birth rate.

The implication of the article is that governments would like the
birth rate to come up to replacement.

Keith