[ExI] Question on Vacuum fluctuations and Non-Zero Energy Empty Space:

Andres Colon andres at thoughtware.tv
Mon Oct 1 03:40:08 UTC 2007

I understand the concept of why empty space has non-zero energy. After being
introduced to the casimir effect and quantum fluctuations, I finally decided
to ask the list in the hopes that one of the physicist here can answer me
this question that has been bothering me.

If energetic particles are constantly blinking in and out of existence in
empty space...why doesn't this violate the second law of thermodynamics?

..in short:

Q. Why don't vacuum fluctuations violate the second law of thermodynamics?

Share the answer and enjoy this
video<http://www.thoughtware.tv/videos/show/837>on the conservation of
energy at
Thoughtware.TV