[ExI] Dollar a gallon gasoline

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:04:22 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> The secret to high fuel prices is to have slow but steady increases.
> People don't really notice the water getting hotter if it is gradual
> enough.

Nice, but I don't want to be a boiled frog.  You do have a point
though about the effort needed to get cheaper energy is what prevents
us from doing so.

I'm surprised Keith would suggest we would even consider doing real
work to get cheaper power.  As long as the "haves" retain enough
influence to squeeze small amounts of energy from increasingly larger
amounts of the "have not," then there is no motivation to risk the
status quo.

I wonder; even if the metaphorical increase in temperature remains
linear will we build the replacement power source before we've
exhausted the resources to do so?  What will it take to motivate us to
make the investment?