[ExI] New Wendy's Add?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Oct 6 22:22:34 UTC 2007

At 04:28 PM 10/6/2007, Brent wrote:

>My entire life, I've always enjoyed the lemmings all jumping off a cliff
>type ideas in our culture.

The masses following popular behavior toward fatal consequences?!

>The most recent great example I've seen is Wendy's new advertisement
>which can bee seen here:
>
>http://usatoday.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr_story=aa6b272e936328725aefe9438047471199722917
>
>My feeling that everyone is jumping in the grave, when something so much
>more could be done, is surely the reason for enjoying all these so much.

Okay, this I agree with.  When I saw the ad for
the firs time, I though they were imitating the
red braids of Pippi Longstocking or Pippi
Långstrump (Lindgren 1945).  But when I realized
they were jumping into their graves I felt v. uncomfortable.

>How many of you have real problems going to the funerals of loved ones,
>where they bury people to rot in the grave, while having these types of
>images going through your head?  I always wish I could just screeeem! ...
>Anyway, funerals are always hard for me.  How many of you have the same
>problem?

Yes I do.  Very difficult.

Natasha