[ExI] Malicious Mindware for Reality-Enhancers, Uploads and visual AIs?

Andres Colon andres at thoughtware.tv
Sun Oct 7 20:18:09 UTC 2007

Reality-enhancers (meaning transhumans that will heavily implement Augmented
Reality Technology as an enhancement on a daily basis), AI or Uploads could
face threats from malicious mindware. These threats could range from minor
annoyances (as the prototype you'll soon see) all the way up to some serious
threats.

Video link: Malicious Mindware via Augmented
Reality<http://www.thoughtware.tv/videos/show/849>

This Thoughtware.TV video introduces you to an installation that explores
the notion that our virtual identity could be constantly under threat of
attack by a swarm of 'bugs' trying to feed off the fabric of our virtual
being.

Thoughtware.TV asks: How will you protect yourself and others from Malicious
Mindware trying to impose or corrupt your perception of Reality?

To me these technologies could be so disastrous to our identity, that they
could border on what I jokingly consider "sinful software" (sinware)...Its
in our best interest as transhumans to take future malware seriously as the
technologies we wish to implement and enhance ourselves with approach.

Feel free to share any resources that have considered the idea.

Andrés,
Thoughtware.TV <http://www.thoughtware.tv> - "..your pool of Transhuman
Memes"