[ExI] Top ten dumbest remarks

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 18:46:57 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
> Mike, is your argument based on "anti-psychotic medication" simply as
> "a mind-altering substance", or are you considering the mass of
> evidence associated with anti-psychotic medications showing its
> pro-rational effects, or [other]?
>
> Probability mass must sum to unity.

Actually, my argument is based on a knee-jerk reaction due to Stathis'
factoid presented as 'evidence.'

To answer your question: both.  I doubt medication was given without
any reinforcement suggestion (which would cloud the issue of whether
it is the medication that produces more rational thinking, or the
medication lowers one's ability to ignore the suggestion to
'normative' thinking.)

If we have a difference of opinion and I buy you a two martini lunch
while I make my case, there is a good chance you will be more
"reasonable" or "rational" because you start to see things my way.
That does not make a case for alcohol being a 'pro-rational' drug.