[ExI] Top ten dumbest remarks

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Oct 10 13:22:10 UTC 2007

Please remove this discussions on conspiracy theories off this list.

Thank you,

Natasha

Natasha Vita-More

At 07:54 AM 10/10/2007, you wrote:
>On 10/9/07, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 09/10/2007, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > "Conspiracy theorist" being defined as an "Al-Qaeda conspiracy
> theorist" or
> > > a "Bush administration conspiracy theorist"?
> > >
> > > Or does it work with both? :-)
> >
> > He was a Bush administration conspiracy theorist, but I guess it would
> > work with both. The striking thing in this case was that he could,
> > quite reasonably, point out that many people around the world share
> > his beliefs. At this point, there would have been no indication to
> > diagnose a mental illness. However, he became increasingly preoccupied
> > with proving his theory to the point where he was neglecting his work
> > and his family, and eventually started thinking that the Americans
> > might try to kill him because he knew too much.
>
>Why, if it works also with Al-Qaeda/Iraq conspiracy theorists, and one
>replace "American" with "Muslims", some might argue that Mr. Bush
>himself would correspond quite well to your description... :-)
>
>Stefano Vaj
>10/9/2007 4:43 PM

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate, CAiiA situated in the Faculty of Technology, School of
Computing, Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, UK
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://extropy.org/>Thinking About the <http://extropy.org/>Future

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller