[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Sat Oct 13 19:50:46 UTC 2007

>> Insulation is the investment with highest ROI. Solar thermal is the next
item. Somewhen much later is lighting

There is quite a bit of concern with too much insulation making a house too
airtight and causing it to accumulate too high of concentrations of carbon
dioxide, carbon monoxide, fumes from cleaning chemicals, radon, mold, smoke
particles from cooking, fireplaces, and second hand smoke, and even the
older types of insulation typical in the 70's itself.

http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d001201-d001300/d001242/d001242.html

Some of these contaminents can be removed by HEPA filtration systems but
many of units sold are not effective at removing enough of the smaller
particles.

Ground Pile Geothermal in this article is being quoted as having a 3.8 year
payback.

http://www.geothermie.de/oberflaechennahe/description_of_ground_source_typ.h
tm

But back about 5 years ago when I was thinking of converting my traditional
electric furnace system to a ground pile system the payback worked out to
about 8 years for some reason, so I didn't go foreward with it.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:02 PM