[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:27:07 UTC 2007

I think we waste a lot of opportunities to generate electricity.
For instance, I don't know if this already exists, but here's an idea
(stupid idea? Please don't laugh that loud...:-)).
Make sidewalks generate energy with people's footsteps. I know there are
materials that generate electricity when pressed. Take the most crowded
sidewalks of any city. The steps of thousands of walkers could probabily
generate a good amount of energy.

Another stupid idea: A smal generator in a revolving door could charge the
battery of an emergency light for a room.