[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Tue Oct 16 03:19:45 UTC 2007

Stathis wrote:

>see a flashlight not much bigger than your thumb using one of these
>things light up a room brighter than a clunky 3D Maglight it is
>clear that the days of the incandescent lamp are numbered.

Eugen replied:

>Indeed. And good riddance.

But don't get rid of that MagLite. When my daughter just replaced her
stolen car, the first thing I offered to pay for was a MagLite to
replace the one I'd gotten her for her old car. That itty bitty LED
flashlight ain't gonna do much to protect her.

BTW, the Mini MagLite (the AA size flashlight) can also serve as a
weapon; Mas Ayoob has a class that's essentially on how to.

-- David.