[ExI] Extropy IRC server?

Kevin H kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 00:59:43 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list as I've just recently discovered transhumanism and
extropism and it's all very interesting and I think it aligns very well with
my own evaluative standpoint: being both a natural optimist and a
technophile (though the latter requires qualifications that I don't want to
bore you with right now).

But I saw on the web page on the extropy.org site about an IRC server
however I haven't been able to log on.  Is the server still online?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a paper or website somewhere on the
concept of extropy.  I know on Wikipedia it's said that extropy is no more
than a metaphor, but it seems to me that there has to be something more to
it.  I mean, how is it that life could emerge at all in a decaying universe
proceeding towards entropy?  It seems to me that everything that has been
accomplished so far on this planet, human life itself as an interesting
spectacle, must have required the "consumption" of a great deal of order
elsewhere.  So I'm thinking in the universe there must be some phenomena,
like a machine in nature, that does just--consumes a great deal of order in
the universe to produce certain peak regions of accelerated growth and
extropy.  I don't know, does anyone know more about this?

Thanks,

Kevin